Greetings BOOP community,
It feels like so much time has passed since we have all been in person as a community of learners and at the sametime in the blink of an eye we are getting ready for the snow to fly. Our lives have drastically changed and are now a blur of meeting logins, lunch rushes between ZOOM’s and our new IT job we are clearly under qualified for. We are all in this together and we are doing great. Our children will one day if today today appreciate this time
This month we began our Mabel Labels fundraising campaign. Thanks to the Fortt, Mercerau and Brewer families for starting us out with the first purchases made. Melissa and I are co-coordinating this effort so please reach out if you need any help ordering. Here’s how to join.
- Go to https://mabelslabels.com/en_US/fundraising/support/
- Type in Bowman Open Optional (Anchorage). 20% of your order will go to support the whole school!
It’s pizza time! Are you ready for your yearly Uncle Joe’s pizza parties? Thank-you Stephanie for getting the ball rolling but we still could use another parent to help support her efforts. Vouchers are $17 each and BOOP is only 1 of 3 schools selling this year. The program will earn $5 for each voucher sale. The vouchers are for one 16″ two-topping pizza and have a $19.99 value.
Here’s how it works.
- Go to this form https://tinyurl.com/y55m5lsz
- Pay… 2 options
- 1. PayPal (link to PayPal is at bowmanoptional.com). PayPal does have a fee associated so if you are choosing this method please include an additional .65 PER voucher. (1 voucher = .65, 2 vouchers =$1.30, 3 vouchers = $1.95, etc.)
- 2. A parent volunteer will be available at Bowman on Fridays (10/9, 10/16/, and 10/23) 4pm to 6pm if you would like to drop off cash and checks then. There may be additional days/times and if you would like to assist with this (it counts towards volunteering with BOOP!) please contact Stephanie Fortt (907 891 2844)
Let’s keep the conversation moving, join your community November, 4th 2nd quarter ZOOM meeting.
BOOP 2nd quarter meeting Time: Nov 4, 2020 06:00 PM Alaska https://tinyurl.com/y48edxp8
Meeting ID: 957 2433 0844 Passcode: boop
Hope to see you then and if you have any item’s to add to our agenda please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org Until then roll up your sleeves and dig in. This community and program will always be what we make it.
All the Best,
T Barnett Steering Committee Chair